Technical Support Engineer & OpenWRT developer
Sentinel Marine solutions is one of the leading providers of boat monitoring and WiFi on-board solutions worldwide. Critical to our success was our excellent customer support from day one.
We are dedicated to offer the same quality of support in the future. For this we need a Technical Support Engineer/OpenWRT hacker combo.
Your responsibility is to maintain the reliability of our Sentinel WiFi services (OpenWRT router development) and for providing high-quality technical support for Sentinel products and services. This person will also work on other programming and documentation projects as required.
- Implement new features on the Sentinel WiFi router
- Work on router middle layer development, e.g. kernel, driver, file-system
- Be able to work on and resolve issues in many diverse areas of the system
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Effectively use all available resources to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, such as account setup, network configuration, software malfunction, invalid device configuration,…
- Refer to internal databases or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Document technical knowledge and problem resolution steps in the form of notes and manuals
- Support Engineers are required to be on-call on a rotating basis throughout the year
- Has experience developing on OpenWRT (ideally porting / testing it on new devices) or comparable system
- Basic networking experience and Unix network programming
- Has excellent knowledge of iptables
- Has experience on Unix platform development (development/network services management, troubleshooting etc.)
- Understands the basics of the GSM and 3G stack
- Has experience with u-boot, flash partition, filesystem, makefile, build system, TFTP
- Knowledge of network protocols both at low and high level (ranging from WiFi protocols to SSH)
- Has a solid understanding of OSI layers, TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP and other common networking/routing protocols
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Written and verbal skills in English and Croatian
Are you up for the challenge? Apply now
To apply, send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our flagship product, the Boat Monitor, is a powerful monitoring system for boats. It can monitor a wide range of sensors, and measure battery voltage, the bilge (water pump), record NMEA 2000 instrument data and more. The product comprises a hardware device and a set of mobile and web applications. Data gathered from the Boat monitor device is transferred to the cloud and available to our customers wherever they are. Our complimentary product, Sentinel WiFi, sold in the Adriatic region, is a managed internet service comprised of a branded router and mobile app which allows our customers to manage the internet usage and set weekly quotas.
- Started 2014, based in Croatia. The engineering team has been formed in Ljubljana
- 10 of us in the team working full time. 6 in engineering
- 3 years old, VC funded startup
- Top 3 finalist in the IMPACT accelerator, one of the top 10 worldwide
- Best IoT startup 2016 (CESA award)
- Leading telematics solution provider and enabler for “Smart Boat”